West Hills College Lemoore and West Hills College Coalinga are leaders in the field of Open Educational Resources, free digital textbooks and resources. These free resources replace your textbooks. We currently offer dozens of sections of OER courses.
- How does OER help students and faculty?
- My books are expensive. What can I do to spend less?
- What is the difference between OER and ZTC?
- [Faculty] Am I required to inform the campus bookstore or the learning area when I switch to OER to replace a traditional textbook?
- [Faculty] Are we giving up quality when transitioning from using textbooks from publishers, like Pearson or Cengage, to using only OER?
- [Faculty] Can I use OER with Canvas?
- [Faculty] How can I know that the OER I select will be kept up-to-date and accurate?
- [Faculty] How do I know if a resource has an open license?
- [Faculty] How do I know if a resource is considered OER?
- [Faculty] I want to know what OER other instructors are using at other institutions. Can I find this out?