West Hills College Lemoore: Any student who has completed the 8th grade, but has not entered 12th grade who is attending the following target high schools: Avenal High, Corcoran High, Hanford West High, Lemoore High, Laton High and Riverdale High . The student's parent(s)/guardian(s) must meet federal low-income guidelines or prove that neither has completed a four year college diploma. Student must also be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien. Most importantly, students must demonstrate a strong interest and commitment towards their post-secondary education.
West Hills College Coalinga:
Any student whose goal it is to obtain a college degree needs to apply. Students wishing to apply must meet the following 5 criteria:
- Be a U.S Citizen, permanent resident, or in the U.S. for other than a temporary reason and provide evidence of their intent to become a permanent resident.
- Be from a low-income family (as determined by TAXABLE income)AND/OR be a potential first- generation college student (neither parent has a 4-year degree).
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher (math, English, science, history, and foreign language).
- Be enrolled in the 9th, 10th,11th, or 12th grade, AND attend one of the three following high schools: Coalinga HS Mendota HS Tranquillity H S
- Be willing and able to participate in all scheduled program services and activities, unless a qualifying school activity prevents one from doing so. This includes attending the Saturday Academies during the school year and the six-week residential program each summer .