In the myWestHills portal, you can search and register for classes under the Search and Register section.
1. Click Required Agreements. This will take you to the Required Agreements section. Any agreements listed as Incomplete should be reviewed and completed. To do this, click View to the right of each agreement, and then Accept or Decline.
2. To Plan out the classes you want to register, you can either click the Home button in self service and go to the course catalog, or if you are in the student portal, click step 2: Plan your Courses. Here you will need to pick your search terms. We recommend using at least the Term and Location. You can also select the subject, and enter the course and section number, if you have them. When you've entered everything, click Search.
This will display all of the classes that meet your search information. You will see at the top, the filters you've applied in green. You can get rid of them by clicking the X. To the left, you'll see additional filters you can apply to change or narrow your results.
Protip: If you don’t use Location as one of your search items, you may see the same course listed twice. One of these courses will be from West Hills College Coalinga, and one from West Hills College Lemoore.
You can use click to view available sections under the course to see which one is at which college. The college will display under the Location header. Also, Lemoore section numbers usually start with an L (ex: L01, L02) and Coalinga section numbers begin with a C (ex: C02, C04)
3. When you find a course you want, click View Available Sections. Choose one of the displayed sections and use the Add Section to Plan button:
4. You will see a pop-up with all the information for the class you selected. If it looks right, and you want to add it to your semester plan, click Add Section to Plan.
5. When you've added all the sections to your semester plan that you want to register, click the little graduation cap on the left for the Academics menu, then click Student Planning, then Plan and Schedule. Or if you're in the student portal, you can choose Step 3: Register Your Planned Classes. This takes you to your Plan and Schedule page where you can review and register (or drop) your classes.
If you added a course to your plan but didn't choose a section, your class list on the left will look like this instead:
Don't panic! Just click View other sections to see a list of available sections for the class. When you find one you want, click it to add that specific section to your plan.
6. You can register all your planned classes by clicking the Register Now button on the upper right hand side, or register each class one at a time by clicking Register under the class.
Registered classes in your class list on the left will show as Registered or Registered but not started:
And if they have a scheduled day and time, they will show on your calendar in green: