The ASCCC has had an OER Task Force for several years and has recently received funding for the ASCCC Open Educational Resources Initiatives (OERI), which has a mission of increase OER adoption at the CA Community Colleges and reducing the gaps in OER content that exist in some disciplines. So far in 2019, the OERI has established regional OER coordinators, as well as, OER liaisons at each of the 114 CA community colleges. Find out more about the ASCCC OEI and their webinar series on their website.
- How does OER help students and faculty?
- My books are expensive. What can I do to spend less?
- What is the difference between OER and ZTC?
- [Faculty] Am I required to inform the campus bookstore or the learning area when I switch to OER to replace a traditional textbook?
- [Faculty] Are we giving up quality when transitioning from using textbooks from publishers, like Pearson or Cengage, to using only OER?
- [Faculty] Can I use OER with Canvas?
- [Faculty] How can I know that the OER I select will be kept up-to-date and accurate?
- [Faculty] How do I know if a resource has an open license?
- [Faculty] How do I know if a resource is considered OER?
- [Faculty] I want to know what OER other instructors are using at other institutions. Can I find this out?