Veterans or dependents using VA Educational Benefits who receive an “EW” due to COVID-19, the “EW” will not generate additional debt nor will it impact you negatively. The School Certifying Official, Monique Nevarez, will report the “EW” date to the VA and use the code “COVID-19” for the reason. You will not be in debt with the VA. However, you will see a reduction your monthly stipend (BAH). The monthly stipend is calculated based on the number of units you are in. For more information on BAH rates, refer to the following VA website: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/. If you have additional questions, please email VeteransServices@whccd.edu or call 599-925-3215.
- I will be dropping my course(s) due to COVID-19; do I have options other than receiving a “W” on my transcript? If I drop now, what mark will show on my transcript?
- How do I submit a request for an Excused Withdrawal “EW” due to COVID-19?
- Do I need to supply additional documentation to receive an “EW” when dropping my course(s) due to COVID-19?
- How long will it take to process my excused withdraw petition request?
- What is the deadline to drop my course(s) due to COVID-19?
- What if I have already dropped?
- Could there be any consequences to dropping my course(s) with an excused withdrawal “EW”?
- It is my last semester before I transfer or graduate. Could there be consequences if I drop my classes with an excused withdrawal "EW"?
- Can I still opt to select Pass/No Pass as a grading option?
- As a financial aid recipient, if I drop all of my classes due to COVID-19 and receive an "EW", will I have to pay back any financial aid?