To improve security, WHCCD is rolling out the 2-factor authentication for all student accounts. This will require you to enter a one-time passcode when logging in from your device as an extra security measure. One-time passcodes (OTPs) are not required when logging into West Hills computers while on campus.
Beginning in September 2022, existing student accounts will be phased into 2-Factor authentication automatically based on information in our systems.
- If you have a phone number on file, you will receive your One-Time Passcode via text message.
- If you do not have a phone number on file, you will receive your One-Time Passcode via email.
- All students will be prompted to enroll via phone, email, and an authenticator app, but only one of the three options is required. You can skip or suppress the enrollment prompt for the other two methods if you choose.
- Tip: It is recommended to enroll in a backup method in case your primary method becomes unavailable. For example, if your default method is a text message, having an email address or authenticator app provides a backup method if your phone is unavailable.
- If you experience any issues logging in, you can contact student services for a passcode over the phone after verifying your identity.
- You also have the option to set up or modify authentication options at any time through your account management page at https://login.whccd.edu/
Logging in with 2FA
Once your account is provisioned with 2-Factor, you will see the following login prompt after submitting your username and password. The additional One Time Passcode field will appear, in which you'll enter the code received via text message, email, or an authenticator app.
Optionally you can choose to remember this device so that One-Time Passcodes are not required from that browser each time. Remembered devices expire every 30 days.
Example Login Screen asking for a One-Time Passcode
You can optionally click "Remember this device" so that you are not prompted for a one-time passcode for 30 days when logging in from that browser.
If you click the "Problems with this authentication option?" link, you will be presented with alternative methods you are enrolled in.
Support Contact Information
For support by phone, please call one of the following numbers:
- Coalinga Campus: 559-934-2000
- Firebaugh Center: 559-934-2980
- Lemoore Campus: 559-925-3000
For support by email
- Coalinga Campus and North District Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lemoore Campus: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I update the email address that is used for one-time passcodes?
- You can access your Account Management page by visiting https://login.whccd.edu/, and then you can update your email address under the "Registered Email Address" section.
- How do I update the phone number that is used for one-time passcodes?
- You can access your Account Management page by visiting https://login.whccd.edu/, and then you can update your email address under the "Registered Phones" section.
- I no longer have access to my preferred one-time passcode delivery method (email, phone number, or authenticator app). How can I log in to update my information?
- If you have alternate delivery methods registered (phone, email address, or authenticator app) you can click the "Problems with this authentication method" link to select an alternative method.
- A list of options is presented, including contacting the HelpDesk to receive an OTP.
- I suppressed the reminder to enroll in one of the options, but I changed my mind and would now like to enroll in an alternative method. How can I do this?
- You can enroll from the account management page at https://login.whccd.edu/ More information can be found here: Enrolling in 2-Factor Authentication – West Hills Answers (whccd.edu)
- The system says my one-time passcode was sent, but I have not received it.
- Please check your Spam folder. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your number may have been unsubscribed from the service that we use to send OTP codes. To verify, text RESUME to 30890 to re-enable your number.
- You may need to contact your phone carrier to see if the number 30890 is being blocked.
- How do I change my default OTP method?
Begin by logging into your account management page at https://login.whccd.edu/ and follow the steps below:
1. Expand the OTP Delivery Method field
2. Verify that the method next to Website Login is set to your preferred authenticator. This can be via email, phone (text message), mobile authenticator, or YubiKey, depending on your preference. If it is not, click Change, select your preferred authenticator from the dropdown, and click Continue.
What authenticator app do you recommend using?
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-authenticator/id983156458
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.azure.authenticator&gl=US
- Google Authenticator