Open Educational Resources (OER)
Questions regarding OER Resources including our Zero Cost Textbook (ZTC) Courses and Degrees
- How does OER help students and faculty?
- My books are expensive. What can I do to spend less?
- What is the difference between OER and ZTC?
- [Faculty] Am I required to inform the campus bookstore or the learning area when I switch to OER to replace a traditional textbook?
- [Faculty] Are we giving up quality when transitioning from using textbooks from publishers, like Pearson or Cengage, to using only OER?
- [Faculty] Can I use OER with Canvas?
- [Faculty] How can I know that the OER I select will be kept up-to-date and accurate?
- [Faculty] How do I know if a resource has an open license?
- [Faculty] How do I know if a resource is considered OER?
- [Faculty] I want to know what OER other instructors are using at other institutions. Can I find this out?
- [Faculty] Is OER adoption supported by the Academic Senate for California Community College (ASCCC)?
- [Faculty] Is OER allowable by California Education Code?
- [Faculty] I’ve looked all over and haven't found a good open textbook to replace my traditional one. Am I out of luck?
- [Faculty] My students prefer to have a printed copy of their course textbook. Is this possible with OER?
- [Faculty] Why would somebody give away their work for free and how is that sustainable?
- [Faculty] Will my course transfer to other colleges and universities if I use OER?