Before you Apply:
- Do you have 60 or more units if applying for an associate degree?
- Have you sent in all official transcripts from other colleges, AP/CLEP or other official exam scores, and official high school transcripts?
Step 1: Go to the student portal: https://www.westhillscollege.com/portal/
Step 2: Log in with your username and the password you created.
If you don’t remember your password, click Reset Password on the right side of the screen.
Step 3: Scroll down until you see the Service Desk options. Click the Counseling and Advising tab.
Step 4: Select the Petition to Graduate Option. This will take you to the Self Service Graduation page.
Step 5: Click Apply to the right of the program you are ready to graduate with.
If you don’t see your program listed, contact your counselor.
Step 6: Fill out the Name and Hometown Section
- Select the term you plan to graduate in. This should be the term you will complete all your program requirements.
- Enter your name as you want it displayed on your diploma or certificate.
Step 7: Enter your Commencement Details
- You are not required to participate in commencement. You will still need to complete this information to submit your application to graduate.
- Select your commencement location. This should match the college awarding your degree. If you are graduating with a program that begins with WHCC, you must select Coalinga for location. If you are graduating with a program that begins with WHCL, you must select Lemoore for your location. You cannot graduate from a college that is not conferring an award for you.
- If you apply for both Coalinga and Lemoore programs, you can choose to participate in either or both ceremonies. If you choose to attend commencement at both colleges, you must purchase regalia for each graduation event.
- Your default mailing address is displayed, but you can choose to enter a different address if you prefer. You will have another opportunity to update your address before the diploma or certificate is sent to you.
Step 8: When all your information is entered, the Submit button will turn blue. Click Submit to finish your application to graduate.