Use this guide to connect personal devices such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets to the WHCCD wireless network. Employees and students connecting with personal devices should use the WHCCD network instead of WHCCDGuest for the best experience. If your device joins both networks, you will have intermittent connectivity issues.
For information on how to connect Internet of Things (IoT) devices for students living in the dorms, such as gaming consoles, streaming devices, wireless printers, and smart TVs, please see the guide here: https://support.whccd.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360051204874
Employees with WHCCD laptops will connect automatically to the WHCCDdevices network.
Table of Contents
1. Click the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar
2. Click on the WHCCD network
3. Check the Connect automatically box
4. Click Connect
5. Enter your username in the format email@example.com
6. Enter your WHCCD password
7. Click OK
8. If you receive a connection warning click Connect
You are now connected to the WHCCD network.
Windows 7 clients will need to be configured before they will be able to connect to the WHCCD network. If you are on campus, you can temporarily connect to the WHCCD Guest network to download the needed setup file from the following location:
Please note Chrome browsers will not be able to download this file. Please use either Internet Explorer or FireFox. This example uses Internet Explorer.
1. Click here to download the Windows 7 Auto WiFi Configuration Application.
2. Click Save
3. Click Open
4. Double-click the WHCCD_Wireless_Configuration.exe file to run it
5. Click Yes if you receive a User Account Control prompt.
6. Click the Configure Wireless button to attempt automatic configuration.
If the automatic configuration is successful you will receive the following message. If an error occurred, please call the help desk at 559-934-2002 for assistance.
7. Click OK
8. Click the Wireless Network icon in the system tray
9. Click on the WHCCD network
10. Click Connect
11. Enter your WHCCD username
12. Enter your WHCCD password
13. Click OK
- Click the Wireless icon
- Click on the WHCCD network
3. Enter your WHCCD username
4. Enter your WHCCD password
5. Click Join
6. Click Continue to trust the certificate
7. Type the password to your local Mac OSX account. This is not your WHCCD password.
8. Click Update Settings
You will now be connected to the WHCCD wireless network.
1. Tap the Settings icon
2. Tap Wi-Fi
3. Tap the WHCCD network
4. Enter your WHCCD username in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Enter your WHCCD password
6. Tap Join
7. Tap Accept to accept the certificate.
1. Open Settings
2. Select Network & Internet
3. Tap on the Wi-Fi text.
4. Tap the WHCCD network to connect.
5. EAP method: PEAP
6. Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPv2
(If your device does not have MSCHAPv2 as an option, please choose None or Automatic).
7. CA Certificate: Use System Certificates
(On some older versions of Android you may need to select Do not validate or unspecified)
8. Online Certificate Status: Request certificate status
9. Domain: whccd.edu
10. Identity: Your WHCCD username
11. Password: Your WHCCD password
12. Tap Connect
If all settings are correct, you will be connected to the WHCCD network.
Some Android devices may have trouble connecting, in which case you can follow the steps here to enroll your device as an alternate way to connect: https://support.whccd.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360051204874